13 November 2006

Enthusiasm!

Funny how things come around.

Today, this afternoon in particular, has been surprisingly fun. I was on call with an SHO from 10 til 8, I've seen nearly a dozen patients, in many cases I've been the first person they saw in A&E. I've been on three trauma calls, each nasty and unpleasant in their own way. I've helped make decisions and diagnoses and feel that I've actually done something worthwhile.

And I loved it.

I also especially like the fact that I have tomorrow morning off.

2 comments:

Phoenix said...

Great news! Medicine is always going to be up and down, but as long as you make the most of the up times, you're doing good.

And once the current political lunacy blows over, I think it'll be okay. Fingers crossed.

Anonymous said...

Bastard! I ended up doing a 30 hour shift last week, with no cushdy morning off. I fell asleep on a London bus (and one that passed through Hackney!) on me way home, and think I was bloody lucky to a) wake up alive b) still have my bag and c) not to have dribbled on the guy sat next to me!

Glad things sound more fun now!

Fluffles
xxxx